Tuesday 26 February 2013

10.0.6 skincare review


So I am really not keeping up with the amount of blogs I wanted to do each week. Grrr. But oh well! I guess there isn't really a certain number I HAVE to do. I was so surprised to see that my page has had over 100 views! Half of them are probably me but I don't care haha. I am still trying to work out if I have the right buttons etc on here for if people want to subscribe. If I don't, can one of the five people who has read my blog comment and let me know? ;)

So! On to the review! I never really had a skin care routine until now. Which is very naughty. And probably would have allowed me a less stressful time during puberty, but.. it was never that bad. I attempted to use the samples clinique give when you spend a certain amount on other products. But it was way too harsh for my skin.  So I went to the shops and had a little look and thought "Yep..this looks good" (not gonna lie, the packaging was cute, that's what did it). I picked up the 10.0.6 skincare line. And let me just say, I love it :)

So originally I picked up all the wrong things haha. Instead of getting the cleanser, I got the exfoliator. And instead of getting a daily toner, I picked up the one that is definitely not for sensitive skin. But I went back and bought the right products and now incorporate it all to a weekly routine.

I start of with the 'Best Face Forward' daily foaming cleanser. It smells pretty good. Fruity. It is said to be passionfruit, green tea and chamomile. You only need a little bit each time, and it's pink! One of the great things about this skincare line is it is completely affordable. The cleanser is $9.99.

This next one is the best! The 'Rescue Me!' acne blemish treatment. It comes in a cute little tube for $7.99. I can actually say, when I wake up the next day after using this before bed, I can genuinely see a difference. I am not going to say the blemish is completely gone. But for me, it helps dramatically. It doesn't have a fruity smell like the others. But it does the job!

Next I use the 'So Totally Clean' sensitive formula cleanser (which seems more toner-ish to me?) for my everyday routine. It contains cucumber, sea kelp and chamomile. WEIRD COMBO MUCH? I love this because it is not harsh at all. If you compare it with say Clinique, which burns your face off... this is like the complete opposite haha. It doesn't have a good or bad smell. It just smells 'so totally clean'. See what I did there? ;) This is $8.99

So if it is the day I will use the 'picture perfect' day gel moisturizer. This is my least favourite part of the collection, but I still don't mind it. I just find it a little thick for a day moisturizer. It has SPF 15, which I like, and the smell is pleasant. This contains guava, vitamin C and once again, chamomile. Gosh they like their chamomile don't they lol. This is $9.99.

Unfortunately I think they have discontinued their night time cream. So I don't get to try that out. I would have liked having a full set of products I love!

So. Once a week I like to treat myself to a facial spa day. Which for me just means, doing a thorough cleaning of my face, followed by a face mask. I start with the 'One smooth operator' pore clearing face scrub. Which to me, just seems like the same as the normal cleanser I use, but they add zinc, oats and pumice to help exfoliate. I wouldn't buy this again I don't think. Mainly because I think I can get the same effect if I just use my normal cleanser and a face washer once a week. It's $8.99.

After that I use the 'So totally clean' deep pore cleanser. Which once again to me is more of a toner? This is more along the lines of the clinique 'lets burn your face off' idea. But I use it once a week and I feel like I am really cleaning deeply. So I don't mind it sparingly. It stings though. Especially after you exfoliate haha. But that's how you know it is working I guess? :/ $8.99

Lastly, I have tried one of their masks. The 'pores be pure' skin-clarifying mud mask. I only bought the individual packets to sample it. And I think I am definitely going to pick up the bigger size. Because it literally feels like you are putting strawberry youghurt all over your face. And I found that strangely satisfying. It is only $1.99 for the little individual packet or $8.99 for the full size. Completely worth it! Magic.

Okay well that is all. That is kind of a long review haha. I hope you get inspired to try one of them though. Definitely go the mask or if you are after a spot treatment try that too. They have a few other things that I am excited to give a go. I put a link at the top for the site, but in case you missed it click HERE.

Happy skin cleaning!
xx


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete